Saturday, March 17, 2012

Glitter Shoes!!!





My sister gave me an awesome pair of silver heels a few years ago and I have worn them so much they are starting to fall apart but I don't have the heart to throw them away so I thought what better than to revamp and GLITTER them!!! Thanks to pinterest I stumbled upon this tutorial and decided to give it a whirl. I mixed loose glitter and satin mod podge together to make a paste and brushed it on with a foam brush. I did about four coats to fully cover the shoes and let it dry in between for about thirty minutes. My end product was a little lumpy if you look real close but when I have them on I don't think it is very noticeable - you just see GLITTER! (My husband said they look like snow :) The glitter seems to stay on pretty good but they recommend that you spray a coat of sealer over top to make sure it won't rain glitter when you walk. I am curious to see how they hold up with wear but for right now I am pretty excited about my new flashy shoes! (Pictures are before, first coat, and after results)

No comments:

Post a Comment