Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dining Room Wall Art

At the end of February, my in-laws came down and helped paint my dining room yellow.  For March, I've been working on new stuff to go with the new look.  Here's what I came up with....

I put up an art gallery between our living room and dining room.  The boards are just plain 2x4's cut to 3 feet long.  The edges are routed so that they aren't sharp.  The boards are painted with magnetic paint and topped off with black spray paint.  I bought OXO colored magnets to add a little fun for the boys.  (Perhaps I should have made some of Allison's magnets from January!)  I also used my Silhouette to cut out the wall vinyl in Georgia font to go above.  FYI - I had this up for awhile in a different location, but realized that the wind would take everything off the wall.  If you are planning on doing this with magnetic paint, just make sure your placement isn't in a wind tunnel when your house is all opened up!  I got this idea from Gail's Masterpiece area and from Pinterest.

On the other wall, I placed this sign I got last fall, but wasn't sure where to put it.  I was afraid to place other pictures around it because it might get a little too busy.  Instead, I bought two canvases that are 16 x 20.  I painted them white, and the one on the left I painted the red strip.  I used my Silhouette to cut out all of the dates and family rules.  I put them on the canvas and then painted over everything in black.  Once it was dry, I removed all of the vinyl numbers and words.  I then sprayed everything with a clear acrylic spray paint.  The dates on the left are our birthdays and anniversary.  The words on the right is a subway art of some of our family rules.  I found these ideas on a Silhouette group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment