Saturday, June 30, 2012

Durable Paper Dolls

 This month we did some traveling and to keep my oldest busy in the car I made her a travel binder with some road trip games with dry erase markers.  I also made her these Paper Dolls.  I found the dolls online in the Silhouette Shop .  I used the Princess, Cowgirl, Ballerina, and Hawaiian dolls.  This used the print and cut feature on the Silhouette.  After the shapes had been purchased and downloaded I set my registration marks and sent it to print on card stock.  Then I ran it through the Silhouette to cut out all the shapes.  Next I warmed up the Laminator and ran the pieces through.  I hand cut the shapes out of the laminate paper.  Then I took Mini Velcro fasteners and attached them to the doll and to the clothes.  Now we can dress and undress the dolls as many times as we like and they will hold up to 4 year old fingers better than straight paper.  This worked so slick I am working on some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment