Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Car Garage

My son likes to try to take his toy cars to bed with him. Bad part is they keep him up - he tries to play with them, runs them up and down the wall, then ends up rolling on top of them when he falls asleep.  I  noticed that he likes to put his stuffed animals "to sleep." So, I thought, if he had somewhere to put his cars to sleep, maybe they wouldn't end up in bed with him every night.  
 My daughter "donated" her shoe box for this craft.  I put the lid on the bottom of the box. I cut off the front panel of the box and used it to make dividers.  I cut a slit in the back and front of the box to slide in the dividers.
 Then I used some fun duct tape that I picked up at Home Depot (great selection of designs!) to wrap the shoe box and divider to make it more steady and durable.  Since my son likes to tuck in his animals with a blanket I figured the cars should probably have a blanket too.  I took some extra felt I had and cut it with pinking sheers so that it would have a fun edge to it.
Overall, my son is enjoying this greatly.  He has it placed on his bookcase and part of our bedtime routine is to now tuck his cars into bed before he gets into bed.  First thing in the morning he "wakes" them up.  Very cute.

1 comment: