Sunday, January 22, 2012

Anniversary Gift

The Hubby and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary this month so I wanted to do something different. With having 2 small kiddos at home we don't always make time for dates like we used to. So for his gift I took a small tin (the traditional 10th anniversary gift) box and decorated it with my Silhouette. Inside I used rub-ons on envelopes to create "invites" to go out each month for a pre-planned activity. Since I love to scrapbook I also started a book to record our dating adventures this year. I am aiming to do things that we haven't done but are always commenting that we should do or things that we haven't done in a long while. Should be a fun year! I had inspiration for this idea from the Dating Divas Website.
*Views of the Date Night Box*

I know some people were curious to what I have planned. Since I know my hubby is occasionally looking here I can't give all the dates away right now, but will try to remember to update this post as I go throughout the year!
January -- We had an Olympic Themed Date - Dinner at the Olympic Flame (Greek), Ice Skating with "gold" medals, then warm drinks and dessert at Smokey Row.
February -- B&B Date (Bowling & Burgers at Zombie Burger+Drink Lab)
March -- Dinner Fong's Pizza and Comedian Jim Gaffigan at the Civic Center
April -- Trip to Disney, Game Night at Home with Cheesecake and Coffee
May -- Photo Safari, Visit to Sculpture Garden & Art Center, Snooki's Malt Shop, Jethro's BBQ
June -- Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and the Movie - Rock of Ages
July -- Walked around our old College Campus and dinner at Olde Main Brewing Company
August --Figure 8 Races in Adel, Adel Sweet Corn Festival
September -- Dinner at Hickory Park, Dessert at Burgies, and ISU Football Game
October -- Rock Climbing at Climb Iowa and dinner at Plaza Mexico
November --
December --

2 comments:

  1. Seriously impressed....what am I going to do next year for our 10 year anniversary..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still so impressed by this! It is so fun to hear about all the dates each month! You are so creative!!! I may have to 'lift' some of these date ideas- so cool!

    ReplyDelete