Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!




I saw this and decided to give it a go on our door.  I always see a project and think, "Oh yea, I could whip that out."  This took an hour.  I left a spot on the bottom of the door so the kids could still peek out the bottom of it.  It looked great the first few days.




Then by the end of the month you can see the mummy started to come unwrapped:)  Two looks for the price and time of one.  Our glass door gets a lot of sun in the afternoons and the tape I used on the inside of the door, as well as the streamers modified itself in the heat.  Hard to see from the picture but bright white at the beginning of the month and by the end streamers had yellow a bit, just like a real mummy - ha!

 I got the kiddos involved a few days later as we made pumpkin puzzles.  Saw a good tutorial and knew I had some orange sticks in the craft stash.  We used 5 sticks per puzzle and taped the outside edges to draw our pumpkins.  The we took the tape off and mixed them all up.
When we mixed just the 5 up - each puzzle went together pretty quick.  But them we mixed all the sticks up and it took them a little longer to do an we ended up with some fun faces in the process.













No comments:

Post a Comment