Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Superhero Suckers

 

I made these cute superhero suckers for Aiden and Parker to take to school for their Valentine's.  I found the idea here.  I took the files she used and turned them into a jpeg to bring into my Silhouette software.  I added all of the circles to cut out using my machine since I do not have a 2" circle punch.  I also added the small holes on the Valentine's sayings circles so I wouldn't have to hole punch them later.  I used the print and cut feature of my machine to cut these out.

For the capes, I cut rectangles, that were about 2.5 x 4 inches, our of stiff felt (Less than a dollar a sheet at Joann's.)  I then folded the rectangles in half and cut a small triangle out of one corner to make them have a little more 'cape' shape.  While I was at it, I also cut a little slit about a quarter of an inch down for where the sucker goes through the cape.

Assembly - I hot glued the superhero logo on the back side of the capes, and the to/from heart on the other side.  I put a sucker through.  I then tied plain present ribbon around the stem of the cape.  It wasn't needed to hold the cape on, but it kind-of looks like the strings that would be used to tie a cape on and it made them look a little better.  Then I added the Valentine's Day sayings.


They turned out great and my superhero boys are thrilled to be taking these to school!  Added bonus is that tootsie pops appear to be a very allergy friendly sucker.  Everyone in there classes will be able to have these treats!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll hire you to do ours next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were easy! I do think that if I do them again, I'll somehow create a stop for the sayings to stay on better. They seemed fine at home, but once I had to put half of them back together at school, I knew I should have added a little something.

    ReplyDelete