Thursday, June 27, 2013

Canvas Project with the Kids

I bought a package for skinny 4x4 canvases thinking that we would do this project with the kids for my daughter's birthday party since she requested that they paint.  Ooooh I am so glad I ended up vetoing that idea to pain with a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds! I had the canvases so I thought that we could have some fun with them around the house.
I used my Silhouette and cut out a vinyl unicorn as requested.  My daughter wanted a pink unicorn so I had her paint the canvas all in pink and then let it try.  I then attached the vinyl unicorn and had her paint the canvas again in purple.  After she was done painting we peeled up the vinyl and had this.  She chose some ribbon out of the stash to make it into a door hanger for her room.
My 2-1/2 year old is into trucks, machines, etc.  I had him pick out which machine he wanted to do and he chose a digger.  I stuck his vinyl digger straight to the canvas and let him have a go with the paints.  Once he was done we peeled it up and had a white digger silhouette.  He wanted to be like big sis and picked out some ribbon so we could hang his project in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment