Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

My daughter recently lost her first tooth and the tooth fairy was ready at our house!  I found great ideas on Pinterest and went a little wild:)  The reaction when she saw what the tooth fairy left was priceless.
 Grandma and Grandpa have a fairy door on one of their trees and the kids are very entertained by it.  Once I saw this  I knew the tooth fairy had to leave a door at our house.  This door magically appeared over night when the tooth fairy stopped by to collect the tooth.  It is placed in between the wall that separates the kids' bedrooms, so easily accessible for the tooth fairy to visit either child;)
 Well what did she put her tooth in?
 This cute pouch.  I used the dimensions from this tutorial to make the pouch.  Then I had Grandma (thank you!) sew it together quick and sew on the ribbon so it would loop around the door knob.  I then used my Silhouette and Amy Robison's awesome tooth fairy kit to cut out heat transfer for the pouch and then ironed it on.  The "tooth fairy" then attached a mini key to her door on the ribbon of the bag.  We also used Amy Robison's Lost Tooth Certificate to document the big day.  So much fun!
Since we did my daughter's pouch I went ahead and made one for my son as well, now I just have to hang onto it until he looses his teeth in a few years!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to use heat transfer to make a tooth fairy bag. It's always fun to see my designs used in new creative ways.

    ReplyDelete