Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kitchen Decoration

I was feeling extra ambitious this month:) I've had these canvases on my "want to do" list for a while. I took acrylic paint and gave the canvases two coats a piece - still had a bit of white showing through, but liked the look. Then I used the Silhouette to cut out the sayings and coffee cup in black vinyl and attached it to one canvas. Then I used adhesive backed card stock to cut out the olive and heart. Once I attached everything to the canvas I gave it a good coat of Mod Podge to give it a bit of gloss.We are a house that likes our coffee and olive - though not together!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Two crafts in one month - Go Gail Go! These turned out great! And olives and coffee definitely are perfect for your kitchen! However...since we both have coffee signs now...I think we need to have a drink off! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept your challenge! Though Chris may better represent my household in this challenge . . .

      Delete