Saturday, September 8, 2012

Big Brother and New Baby Shirts



I have a friend with two boys who are into superheros and they just became big brothers to a little sister this week.  I made each of the boys a shirt.  Instead of the "S" in Superman I used the first initial from his name.  I used Superman font from DaFonts.com for the letter "T".  For the Batman shirt I took the logo and added "Big Brother" to it.  I just received glitter heat transfer today and was super eager to try it out.  What better way to use pink glitter than on a baby girl's shirt?  I used it for the cape, the "R" initial and for the lettering on her other onesie.  I was really excited with the way they turned out.  I hope they liked their shirts!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! These turned out so well! I love the glitter cape and how you put in the initials - such a cool touch! Mike thought these were pretty sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike will have to keep it in mind if he needs an altered "family symbol!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the boys react to it? I already have a feeling though. Like all other kids, they must’ve worn it right away. :D You’re such a thoughtful friend, do you know that? You could have just bought shirts from a boutique, but you didn’t. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The boys enjoyed them and sent me a picture of them wearing the shirts with their new baby sister pretty soon after they received them. That showed me they were a hit!

      Delete