Friday, May 31, 2013

Preschool Handprint Quilt


Parker's preschool teach went on maternity leave and had to return for this last week of school.  All of the kids in Parker's class made hand print animals on 9" quilt blocks for me and then I sewed them together and made a baby quilt to give to her.  I gave it to her today on the last day so that the kids could see what all of their hand prints turned into.  Ms. Rachel and all the kids were very excited to see it.  It turned out a LOT cuter than I even imagined!

For anyone interested, I had 9 inch white blocks with 2 inch strips between.  I used a 3/8th inch seam (simply because I didn't realize my machine was set up on 3/8th instead of a 1/4th when I started..oops..)  I hand quilted it together "in the ditch" and followed with a 2.5" double binding.  This all sounds fancy, but it's not...I swear...it just takes time.

1 comment: