Friday, July 20, 2012

Football Quilt


My friend, Lisa, made a quilt to look like a football field for her husband and wanted to decorate it to match the Atlanta Falcon's football field.  We decided to use fabric ink to make the logos.  This became a very large multi step project.  We used my Silhouette to trace the Atlanta Falcon's logo and found a free Falcon's font online.  We cut out stencils of all the different layers in contact paper and then painted the logo 1 layer at a time with at least 24 hours dry time in between layers.  This project took WAY more time than we thought it would, and if I did it again, I think I'd just use heat transfer vinyl instead just because of time.  I might be partial, but I think it turned out pretty sweet, even though it is the Falcons....

No comments:

Post a Comment