Monday, July 30, 2012

Fun Projects for the Kids

Since it was so hot this month I did a lot of projects to keep the kiddos entertained since we are inside more now than in winter!
 First up we bought these colored wood shapes on sale at Michael's.  Then I hot glued them to Popsicle sticks.  Now we use them with our puppet show box (big cardboard box with a hole in it:)).  
 Saw this idea on the web, but for the life of me can't remember where.  I took paint chips and use my square punch to make holes in them.  Then I ran them through my laminator and put them all on a ring.  The idea is find something that matches the color of the chip.  This kept us busy for quite a long time.  We also expanded on this idea by using buckets and the first person to fill their bucket with items of a selected color won.
The kiddos bathroom is painted a sand brown and there is sort of a beach them going on so I decided to go a step further and get crazy with my Silhouette.  I cut vinyl shapes out and placed them all over the bathroom.  It ended up looking pretty great and my youngest likes to laugh and say good morning to the crab everyday since its about his level on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment