Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Melted Crayons

Well... with it being so hot out it makes you feel like youre melting, I decided Melted Crayon Art was the perfect July craft for me.  I'm sure you have all seen these plastering pinterest and it is pretty self explanatory for the how to.  However, there are some different versions - I didn't want to glue my crayons on so I melted them through the hot glue gun This worked perfectly and used waaay fewer crayons, until my glue gun backfired and broke halfway thru :(  I then resorted to melting the crayons with a lighter which was much more hazardous for my singed fingers but came out with the closest effect to the first half done by glue gun.  A very special thanks to Gail and Erin for figuring out and making my silhouette people out of vinyl - couldn't have done it without you! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't take much credit, but I LOVE how it turned out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete