Sunday, July 15, 2012

Workout Inspiration

 I will take any extra push I can get while working out.  I saw this saying floating around Pinterest and it made me chuckle. I took a small canvas I had, cut out the lettering and tears from vinyl with my Silhouette and attached it with Mod Podge.  It now hangs by our treadmill.
 There are several races that my husband and I have done over the years and at one point we just started throwing our racing bibs into a file folder in the file cabinet.  We like to write the race, date, and our time on the back of the bib.  I thought there has got to be something better to do with those.  I did a google search and it brought me to Etsy, where a lot of people seem to have the same idea.  I wanted us to still be able to flip through our bibs so I opted to put them on big rings, with the most current bib facing front.  The quote is one I saw on a t-shirt at a race.  I cut out everything in vinyl on my Silhouette and used Mod Podge to seal it to the black canvas.  One thing I discovered is that apparently vinyl does not  like to stick to plain canvas.  I didn't have this issue before when I did canvases, but than again I painted all of those before I stuck vinyl to them.  I screwed cup hooks into the bottom of the canvas to hang the rings.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  So was the hubby - thank goodness as it was part of his birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment